What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive to help store your user preferences, login and session states, analyse web traffic or let you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling the website owner to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies used on this site
These cookies may be set:
- cookies used by the website to manage secure payment using Stripe payment gateway (__stripe_mid);
- cookies used by the website hosting to improve the performance of the website (PHPSESSID, _cfduid, DYNSRV, ADMINDYNSRV);
- Various cookies (tk_tc, wordpress_xxxx etc) to help wordpress track whether you are logged in or not and what your preferences are when using the site.
- Google Analytics (_ga);
- A cookie (_wpfuuid) to link you to a unique identity for the contact form, which allows us to link form entries created by the same person. This cookie does not contain or represent any personal information or entry details whatsoever. It’s simply a random collection of numbers and letters that we can use for backend processing.
- a cookie to record whether you have seen the cookie notice so that it isn’t shown more than necessary (cookie_notice_accepted).
How to disable cookies
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
From time to time we may change this statement by updating this page. You should regularly check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What We collect
We may collect the following information from you:
- contact information including residential address, email address and telephone number;
- additional information concerning your booking e.g. dietary preferences;
- your comments on your experience while staying with us.
Please note that although we also ask for your credit card details when you make a booking, this information is passed on securely to the Stripe payment gateway to process your payment, at no time do we hold your credit card information on our site.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information for the following reasons:
- to improve our services;
- to properly respond to your enquiries;
- to make and manage your booking.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone and may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. We will always ask you for permission before contacting you in this way and you can unsubscribe from our newsletter and offers at any time.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites, as such this privacy statement does not govern other sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at our postal address.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.